Today Dottie is 8 weeks and 6 days old. What will the next 8 weeks will be like?
Here’s a visual of how much she has grown since the stair picture was taken (she was about 7 weeks old then):
Since last Saturday, these are Dottie’s tendencies & things she’s done:
- met 5 other dogs plus more at Petsmart
- loves to snuggle
- takes many naps
- is very good about going potty & poop outside (& letting us know when it’s time to go)
- likes to bite pants, shoes & hands
- is clumsy, especially on wood floors
- likes to chew rugs, blankets & chew toys
- drank coffee for the first time yesterday
- likes to dig in the dirt and grass (where there is no snow)
- doesn’t like her leash, but gets better day by day
- mastered the art of escaping her playpen, leaving the gate undisturbed
- laid, sat & played in the snow for extended periods of time
So far, this pup is pretty darn good. She is learning everyday while also being exposed to different people, places & things. Dottie is very easy to train, as long as we stick with a consistent routine.